Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Birthday Goal and a Little Celebration!!

It is my 45th birthday today.  I set the goal that I wanted to run 4.5 miles (a little symbolic).  It was only 20 degrees and snowing, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.  I added a hat and some gloves and hit the pavement.  At some point during this run I felt pretty good and decided that I wanted more that 4.5 miles... I needed to beat my distance record and go further than I ever had which was 7 miles (and that was only once.)  It wasn't easy, but I made it 7.33 miles with a 11:26 minute/mile pace which is really good for me.
It felt great and I celebrated the fact that I just kicked my 44 year old self's butt!!
It truly was a great birthday present to myself to know that I am getting stronger and age is just some numbers!!
Then my family gave me these new beauties.  I cannot wait to try them out!!
It was a great day!
Advice for the day: ENJOY and Celebrate yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment