Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Chips in the Pantry Talk to Me!

The other day I made a trip to Costco.  Spent too much money, but regardless I picked up a HUGE bag of Ruffles chips.  They are the plain ones, nothing fancy.  I would of been fine had I not eaten one while making the kids lunches for the next day.   That one led to thoughts of wanting more all night long.  In my dreams I had it all planned. in the morning I was going to put some in a baggie so I could eat them on my way to work.  Two days in a row I ate them for breakfast.  I would find myself grabbing a handful, closing them up and putting them back in the pantry, several times a day!! Not good.   I was taught a few years ago that we all have different foods that we eat that trigger things within us.  Some we can eat and stop others we cannot.  The ones that we can't stop are called  "red light" foods.  Obviously, the plain ridged potato chips are on my list! I've actually known that for a long time.  It is a junk food I need to stay away from because I cannot stop eating it!!
     When I started this journey of finding myself,  I decided I would not deprive myself and so far it has worked.  If I want something I eat it!  I have found that with this concept I normally do not over eat as much. Often I find myself stopping after a bite or two and asking myself if it is really worth the calories.  I still have my moments and my weakness though, but the difference is I try to not beat myself up and just make an extra effort to get back to what I know I need to do.
      As for that bag of chips....it finally got down to the really crushed up pieces of chips.  As I dug in I finally said ENOUGH!! I crumpled it up and threw it away!!  Yes I will eat chips again, but my lesson for today:
Don't Deprive...but leave that GIGANTOR bag of chips on the shelf at the store!!
xo
Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment