Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Piddle Queen Award Goes to.....

The piddle award most definitely goes to ME!! I can take a simple task as getting ready for bed and take and hour doing it.  Trust me I extremely talented in that area. The dictionary defines it as:

pid·dle

  
verb (used without object), pid·dled, pid·dling.
1.
to spend time in a wasteful, trifling, or ineffective way; dawdle (often followed by around  ): He wasted the day piddling around.
Although sometimes it is nice not to rely on time or always hurry this piddling habit can be a hindrance especially where exercise is concerned.  I have found my exercise needs to be done first thing in the morning or it doesn't get done...the longer I wait the harder it becomes.
    This morning was one of those days.  I slowly got up, took about 15 minutes to even get my workout clothes on, made my bed, folded some laundry and then looked out the door to see a lady walking her dog.  She was totally bundled up; coat, hat and gloves.   I used that as an excuse not to go outside.  I would get on the treadmill instead....well after more piddling I came across this quote written and posted by a good friend of mine.  

"Do you know that feeling when you see and feel progress? When your hard work is starting to pay off and you can see results? You know that you are on the edge and are about to make a break through? Keep going, don't stop. You've come this far but you still have a long way to go. Satisfaction is the death of desire."
  \m/ Forest Carter

He must have been inspired just for me. I thought about my last post and the progress I have made and the progress I still want to make.  Thanks to him I did get on that treadmill and did complete an good workout.  During this workout I thought about his quote and came up with some new "P" words I want to have more fully in my life:
Perseverance and Progress
You can't have one without the other! They go hand in hand.  I go back to his quote "Satisfaction is the death of desire".  
Keep that fire of getting better and stronger everyday burning within you.  
Do what it takes to keep you motivated and moving forward!
What does this have to do with piddling you ask?  
I know how much better I feel and how much more I can accomplish after a workout.  Time to make it a priority over piddling..Add the perseverance and progress will happen.

My lesson today: Make that workout the first priority in the morning!! Less piddling!
XO
Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment