Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Time for a Comparison

I have been very hesitant to share picture updates with you, but it is time.  I started this journey about 16 months ago.   I started hoping for immediate results, but found joy in the fact that I was noticing how I was getting stronger on the inside.  Results were happening, just starting on the inside of me first and it was awesome!!  It was a great realization. I slowly began to like the stronger more confident me.  It took a good year to actually physically see weight loss.   I am now down almost 30 pounds and I just bought a pair of jeans that are 3 sizes smaller than I wore in 2012 (hoping it is not just an off or miss tagged pair)!!
Finding pictures of how I looked then is difficult.  I either cropped or deleted almost all of them.  I did finally come across one that was taken with a group of friends.  Needless to say I was shocked that I actually looked like that, but at the same time never thought I looked a whole lot different until I put the two pictures side by side. People kept telling me how different I looked and I didn't believe them.
I never thought how important it would be to compare before and after pictures, but it totally is!!
Even though you may feel better, have more confidence, energy and ect, It is nice to visually see the difference and how the hard work is paying off!  
I still have a ways to go, but this was a great exercise to keep me motivated to keep moving forward one step at at time!! On a side note this comparison also made me realize I don't want to be that blonde again either! HAHA!!
My lesson today:  Take a picture. Stash it away for a few months. Take another and then compare!!
XO
Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment