Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

In Those Scary Moments....

I sent all three girls out the door to school as usual this morning and then a little while received a message that I never hoped to see.
"Mom, they said Kelsee was not on the bus."
My heart stopped................................
I then pulled myself together and called the school.  I was put on hold while they checked if she was there.  It was probably only a few minutes, but it felt like forever.   Lots of things crossed my mind during that time:
What if someone took her?
If she's not there what is my next step?
Remember..What was she wearing?
When's the last time I hugged her and told her how much I love her?
and so on!!
Finally, she came back on and informed me that it wasn't that they hadn't found her, she just could not get anyone to answer the phone. She took my number and said she would call me back.  At that point I did the only thing I knew I could do...
I dropped to my knees and asked my Heavenly Father for help.
The moment I said Amen the phone rang. She was right where she was supposed to be.  My heart started to beat again and as it did the floodgate opened and the tears started to fall.  I dropped to my knees again and thanked Him for keeping her safe.  I couldn't wait for her to walk through the door, so I could hug her and tell her how much I loved her.

I had another scare this week where my mom called and I could tell in her voice something was wrong.. and
my heart stopped.....
My brother, while playing ice hockey with his family had broken his ankle and once again I did the only thing I knew to do. I dropped to my knees...
Thankfully, he had an awesome surgeon, and with some added bolts and rope (as they called it) he will have a full recovery.
     Let's say it has been an emotional week.  
In those brief scary moments I was reminded of what is really important in this life.
PEOPLE we care about and the relationships we build with them.  .  Sometimes I find myself so caught up in the trivial things of life, that I miss out on opportunities that really matter.  Like trying to get the last batch of clothes folded before I go to bed., making sure beds are made, house clean, dishes done, home cooked meal every night. Sure these are all good things, but if they don't happen all the time in the long run is it really going to matter? 
 Last night the girls and I enjoyed great dinner conversation over a bowl of  Ramen Noodles (not that I would do that all the time).  You get where I am going with this....
My point is we need to MAKE time for the people we love.  Let the trivial things go when you have opportunities to do the BEST things.
Lesson: Life is short so make sure you spend time with the people you care about let them know how you feel!! 
Needless to say my run today was full of gratitude for many blessings and for the chance to do better with my relationships, but I really would prefer no more of those scary moments!.
XO
Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment