Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

One Foot in Front of the Other....


I picked this hill a few weeks ago and my goal was to be able to run to the very top without walking at all.  It is a pretty good challenge. Little did I know it was nothing like the monster of a hill that faced me during the final mile of my last 5K  At one point I almost gave up, my feet slowed a bit and then my desire kicked in and I kept going.  I found the only way I could make it was to focus on my feet and make sure I was just putting one foot in front of the other and continue moving.  Not paying attention to how high the hill was or how much further I had to go and you know what...
IT WORKED!!
I survived and even ran back to motivate my daughter that she could do it!!  This small feat was huge.  
I was stronger than my brain said I was!
 A week later I stared up from the bottom of  my "goal" hill with determination and took off...
Was it easy NO, but I finally did it!! I ran the whole way and it felt GREAT!!
This got me thinking about life's challenges.  They can feel so daunting, the stress and pressures are just too much.  We can't do it.....
                   When life hands you these "HILLS"  need to focus on taking those steps, no matter how tiny they may feel, to keep moving forward.   Don't let the adversary tell you that you are weak and should quit. Keep going!! Pretty soon you'll look back and be amazed at how far you've come what you've accomplished and bask in the new found strength!  
Bonus view from the top of my "goal" hill. Big bonus!!

Lesson for today: Keep putting one foot in front of the other! That hill is not as high as you think!!
xoxo
Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment